Outlet Server (Test Job)
The franchised Wyndham Grand location in Rio Grande , Puerto Rico is seeking a Outlet Server (Test Job) to join its team at the Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort.
The Outlet Server is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for receiving and delivering guests orders and collecting payment.
What you'll do
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Be familiar with the organization of the Restaurant(s), lounges, and Room Service and know the function of each job position.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in applicable outlets.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Pre-bus all tables removing soiled dishes after each course.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S system.
- Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing end of shift paperwork.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties according to station rotation assignment and established checklist.
- Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked, tidy and clean.
- Keep all beverages at least full (coffee, tea, soda, water, and lemonade).
- Breakdown trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dishroom according to established standards.
- Answer the telephone according to standards.
- Consistently upsell food, beverage and promotional items to guests.
- Be familiar with fire extinguishers, locations and know how to use them.
- Receive and deliver food and beverage orders and collect payment.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
You'll be successful if you have
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. << edit hyperlink to insert job information, same as above.
Brand: Wyndham Grand
Location: Rio Grande , Puerto Rico , United States of America , 00745
Employment Status: Full-time
Hourly Rate / Salary: insert if provided on job posting request; otherwise, remove line
This job posting is provided by Wyndham Hotel Group, LLC (“WHG”) as a courtesy to an independently owned and operated hotel under one of WHG’s hotel franchising subsidiaries. WHG disclaims any responsibility for the content or accuracy of this job posting.
If you apply for employment as a result of a posting on this site, you are submitting your information for potential employment opportunities with an independently owned and operated hotel which is a franchisee of a subsidiary of WHG. If hired, you will be an employee of the franchisee, not of WHG or any of its subsidiaries.
Franchisees are independent business owners/operators who set their own wage and benefit programs, terms and conditions of employment, and have independent policies and procedures which can vary from Wyndham or other franchisees. Only the franchisee is responsible for employment matters at the hotel including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing, scheduling, wages and benefits. All decisions regarding employment with a franchisee are in the sole and absolute discretion of the franchisee, and not WHG or any of its subsidiaries.
WHG will not receive a copy of your employment application and will have no involvement in any hiring or other employment decisions.