Night Auditor (Test Job)
The franchised Hawthorn location in Greensboro , North Carolina is seeking a Night Auditor (Test Job) to join its team at the Hawthorn Suites Wyn Greensboro.
The Night Auditor is responsible for reconciling all hotel cashier transactions; reviewing, organizing and compiling management reports on a timely basis and ensuring the accuracy of guest billings and city ledger transactions. He/she is also responsible for effectively communicating concerns and/or related issues to all levels of management and performing guest service agent duties as required, including check-in, check-out, switchboard operation and reservations.
What you'll do
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
You'll be successful if you have
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be willing to cross train in other accounting or hotel-related areas.
- Must be able to prioritize job functions in order to meet deadlines.
- Perform guest services functions as required (i.e. check guests in/out, take reservations, we-up calls, etc.).
- Audit and reconcile financial and statistical reports.
- Prepare and distribute necessary daily reports as required (i.e., Daily Operating Report, Discount Programs, Tax Reports, etc.) according to hotel standards.
- Prepare and distribute month-end reports.
- Audit and reconcile all Front Desk and Food & Beverage Cashier’s work.
- Audit, reconcile, consolidate, and transmit all credit cards on a timely basis.
- Prioritize job functions in order to meet deadlines.
- Ensure accuracy of all numbers reported including statistics.
- Input and update financial information into corporate communications network.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and annual data processing system functions as required.
- Keep management abreast of any unusual operational or financial events and/or deviations of policies or procedures.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Respond to governmental inquiries upon receipt.
- Handle guest requests.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or one year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field required.
- Guest Service Experience preferred.
- Computer knowledge/skills required.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration. << edit hyperlink to insert job information, same as above.
Location: Greensboro , North Carolina , United States of America , 27409
Employment Status: Full-time
Hourly Rate / Salary: insert if provided on job posting request; otherwise, remove line
This job posting is provided by Wyndham Hotel Group, LLC (“WHG”) as a courtesy to an independently owned and operated hotel under one of WHG’s hotel franchising subsidiaries. WHG disclaims any responsibility for the content or accuracy of this job posting.
If you apply for employment as a result of a posting on this site, you are submitting your information for potential employment opportunities with an independently owned and operated hotel which is a franchisee of a subsidiary of WHG. If hired, you will be an employee of the franchisee, not of WHG or any of its subsidiaries.
Franchisees are independent business owners/operators who set their own wage and benefit programs, terms and conditions of employment, and have independent policies and procedures which can vary from Wyndham or other franchisees. Only the franchisee is responsible for employment matters at the hotel including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing, scheduling, wages and benefits. All decisions regarding employment with a franchisee are in the sole and absolute discretion of the franchisee, and not WHG or any of its subsidiaries.
WHG will not receive a copy of your employment application and will have no involvement in any hiring or other employment decisions.