Guest Services Agent (Test Job)
The franchised La Quinta by Wyndham location in Clifton , New Jersey is seeking a Guest Services Agent (Test Job) to join its team at the La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Clifton/Rutherford.
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
What you'll do
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met (if applicable).
- Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed in the Red Book.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
- Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
You'll be successful if you have
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer experience required.
- Customer Services experience preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Brand: La Quinta by Wyndham
Location: Clifton , New Jersey , United States , 07014
Employment Status: Full-time
Hourly Rate / Salary: insert if provided on job posting request; otherwise, remove line
This job posting is provided by Wyndham Hotel Group, LLC (“WHG”) as a courtesy to an independently owned and operated hotel under one of WHG’s hotel franchising subsidiaries. WHG disclaims any responsibility for the content or accuracy of this job posting.
If you apply for employment as a result of a posting on this site, you are submitting your information for potential employment opportunities with an independently owned and operated hotel which is a franchisee of a subsidiary of WHG. If hired, you will be an employee of the franchisee, not of WHG or any of its subsidiaries.
Franchisees are independent business owners/operators who set their own wage and benefit programs, terms and conditions of employment, and have independent policies and procedures which can vary from Wyndham or other franchisees. Only the franchisee is responsible for employment matters at the hotel including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing, scheduling, wages and benefits. All decisions regarding employment with a franchisee are in the sole and absolute discretion of the franchisee, and not WHG or any of its subsidiaries.
WHG will not receive a copy of your employment application and will have no involvement in any hiring or other employment decisions.