Guest Service Manager (Franchise)
The franchised Wyndham location in Boston , Massachusetts is seeking a Guest Service Manager (Franchise) to join its team at the Wyndham Boston- Beacon Hill.
At Pyramid Global Hospitality, people come first. As a company that values its employees, Pyramid Global Hospitality is dedicated to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment that fosters diversity, growth, development, and wellbeing. Our commitment to a People First culture is reflected in our approach to employee development, employee benefits and our dedication to building meaningful relationships.
Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a range of employment benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off, as well as unique perks such as on-site wellness programs, local discounts, and employee rates on hotel stays. In addition, Pyramid Global Hospitality is committed to providing ongoing training and development opportunities to help our people build the skills and knowledge they need to advance their careers.
Whether you are just starting out in the hospitality industry or are a seasoned professional, Pyramid Global Hospitality offers a supportive and collaborative work environment that encourages growth and fosters success, in over 230 properties worldwide. Join their team and experience the benefits of working for a company that values its employees and is committed to creating exceptional guest experiences.
What you'll do
- Ensuring that the check-in and check-out process runs as smoothly as possible and that guests are escorted to the correct room.
- Responding to requests or complaints made by guests in a professional and polite manner in order to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Implementing procedures to improve services offered with the aim of attracting more customers.
- Hiring and training staff in matters of professional conduct, and ensuring that there is enough staff at all times by organizing staffing schedules efficiently.
- Supporting service personnel with questions posed by guests and taking over from the support staff if any issues arise.
- Understanding what guest expectations are and anticipating problems in order to prevent complaints.
- Acting as a link between guests and hotel management.
- Attending meetings with management to discuss problems and strategies for improvement.
- Handling cash or payments made by credit card.
- Understanding safety and emergency procedures.
You'll be successful if you have
- Great Communication Skills.
- Time Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, hospitality management, or hotel management experience.
- The ability to speak, read, and write the language used in the workplace and knowledge of one or more additional languages is preferred.
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ front desk experience as a hotel manager is preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word and hospitality software.
- A proven track record of being able to lead a team and to multitask.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work beyond scheduled hours, including on weekends.
- An ability to identify areas in need of change or improvement to offer guests an excellent hotel experience.
- Understanding of and compliance with hotel policies and regulations and communicating these clearly to the staff.
- Reporting on daily operations in a timely manner.
Location: Boston , Massachusetts , United States , 02114
Employment Status: Full-time
This job posting is provided by Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Inc. (“WHR”) as a courtesy to an independently owned and operated hotel under one of WHR’s hotel franchising subsidiaries. WHR disclaims any responsibility for the content or accuracy of this job posting.
If you apply for employment as a result of a posting on this site, you are submitting your information for potential employment opportunities with an independently owned and operated hotel which is a franchisee of a subsidiary of WHR. If hired, you will be an employee of the franchisee, not of WHR or any of its subsidiaries.
Franchisees are independent business owners/operators who set their own wage and benefit programs, terms and conditions of employment, and have independent policies and procedures which can vary from Wyndham or other franchisees. Only the franchisee is responsible for employment matters at the hotel including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing, scheduling, wages and benefits. All decisions regarding employment with a franchisee are in the sole and absolute discretion of the franchisee, and not WHR or any of its subsidiaries.
WHR will not receive a copy of your employment application and will have no involvement in any hiring or other employment decisions.